The idea for this Brush Lettering Starter Kit was borne in lockdown – lots of people around Australia have been stuck indoors and are looking for a creative outlet. Enter: the Perfect Brush Lettering Beginners Kit. I’ve chosen a variety of brush pens with different styles and strength of brushes to help you build confidence as you begin and also empower you to create beautiful artworks once you’re ready! The idea is to give you the tools you need to embrace the basics of modern, freestyle calligraphy, and keep practising as you discover your own personal style (which is why it all comes packaged in a personalised, draw-string calico carry bag).
The kit contains:
- 1 x pencil + eraser – because you will practice a LOT and make plenty of mistakes along the way (embrace the mess!)
- 1 x Crayola Supertip marker for practice – a sturdy and inexpensive way to master drills and get used to changing the thickness of your pen strokes
- 1 x Dual-tip Brush Pen – Perfect for lettering on your reusable sheets and mastering shadows
- 1 x Pentel Brush Sign Pen – this has a small and stiff nib good for both freestyle and formal calligraphy styles
- 1 x Round Paintbrush – To get you started with watercolours or inks when you’re ready
- 1 x Starter Watercolour Palette – Flat, portable palette of watercolour pigments to give you a taste of working with your paintbrush.
- 10-pack Faber Castell Calligraphy Brush Pens – To create colourful masterpieces
- Re-usable, laminated practice sheets for tracing or for using and re-using and wiping clean. The alphabet guide sheet is coloured, to give you an idea of the different strokes that form different letters.
- Digital access to printable practice sheets and drills
- 1 x Personalised Draw-String Calico Bag (please include the name you would like on the bag in the “Notes” section of your order)
That is over $55 of value for only $35!
Note that the colours of your pens may differ to what is pictured here, and are distributed based on availability.