- This event has passed.
“Created In His Image” – Creative Retreat + Brush Calligraphy Workshop – Our Lady of the Angels, Rouse Hill
13 April @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm AEST$30.00
A special event where we’ll come together to explore our identity and strengths as women of God and learn how to cultivate creativity and calm amidst life’s chaos.
The program involves a talk and opportunity for reflection, a 90-minute beginner brush lettering workshop and time to meet and enjoy refreshments with women from the parish community.
If you’ve always wanted to learn brush lettering or calligraphy (or have a collection of art materials, markers, or paints sitting at home waiting for the “spare time” to use them!) then this is the retreat for you! Local writer and artist, Joy Adan, will introduce you to brush lettering tools and techniques, and we’ll go through the process of making beautiful letters, step-by-step, in a casual and supportive environment. The brush lettering program is designed for beginners (including teens aged 15+), and snacks and drinks will be provided by the OLA Mothers Group.
What we’ll cover in the workshop:
- – Making time for creative practice, mindfulness and reflection
- – An introduction to basic brush lettering strokes and how to construct the alphabet
- – Using different lettering tools (and where to find them without breaking the bank!)
- – Lettering names, words, Bible verses and prayers (I’ll guide you through a project and you’ll also have an opportunity to work at your own pace)
Materials will be provided during the class, however, attendees can pre-order Beginner Brush Lettering Kits beforehand. A limited number of kits will also be available to purchase on the day, along with hand-lettered art, gifts and cards from Finding Joy.
What to bring:
- – Yourself and an open heart and willingness to give new things a go!
- – Your Bible and/or journal (we’ll have some dedicated time for quiet reflection and prayer)
- – Any brush lettering art materials you already have at home
- – Favourite scripture verses, quotes or prayers you’d like to have a go at lettering on the day
Hosted in partnership with the Mothers Group at Our Lady of the Angels Parish, Rouse Hill.
Registration is essential. When you are booking your ticket, you’ll be asked to enter each attendee’s details, then directed to an online cart to process payment (you will need to enter your billing details again even if they are the same as ticket attendee details).
Social distancing will be followed per the guidelines provided by NSW Health. Please do not attend this event if you are unwell or showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. If you need to cancel your ticket, please get in touch to organise a refund or credit note for the Finding Joy store.