- This event has passed.
Creative Lettering Drop-In Session (Children’s Workshop – 10+yo)
17 September, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm AEST
This 1-hour virtual drop-in session is the perfect opportunity to exercise your creative muscles! The session is designed to bring your words and letters to life and give you a taste of some of the things you would learn in the Beginner Brush Lettering 2-hour workshop.
We’ll go through the foundational techniques of lettering, some practice exercises to get you started, different ways of constructing the alphabet and the importance of practice – not perfection. The session is fun and interactive and gives participants the opportunity to exercise their creativity and discover different ways they can use words to make art and express their personal style.
What you need
- – Internet connection and the ability to use Zoom
- – Paper and pencils to practice lettering drills, exercises
- – An open mind and willingness to give it a go!
- – Coloured textas (if you have Crayola Supertips lying around, you can use them to letter too!)
- – A clean plastic surface to use as a mixing palette (e.g. a takeaway container lid or a sandwich bag)
- – A small paintbrush
- – Clean water in a container/mug to wash your paintbrush in
- – Brush markers
- – Watercolours paints and watercolour paper
This is a virtual (online) session that will be hosted via Zoom. Participants will receive a link via email containing the Zoom meeting details after tickets are purchased. Please enter the name of the Participant and an Email to send the Zoom details to when ordering your tickets.
What if my child is not 10 years old?
Younger participants are welcome to join the session, but parents should know that the content is designed with kids aged 10+ in mind. Make sure they’re comfortable using the platform and have access to the right materials, and they’ll have a great time! Alternatively, get in touch if you would like to organise a creative workshop for friends/family or children of a specific age group – I love giving people the opportunity to get creative!