- This event has passed.
Brush Lettering for Beginners – Kids Virtual Workshop
30 September @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm AEST
If you’ve always wanted to learn brush lettering, then this is the perfect place to start! This virtual workshop is interactive and lively and gives participants the opportunity to exercise their creativity and discover different ways they can use words to make art and express their personal style.
I’ll introduce you to brush lettering tools and techniques, and we’ll go through the process of making beautiful letters, step-by-step. This program is designed for kids aged 10+ and includes breaks and time to complete tasks during the workshop.
What we’ll cover:
- – An introduction to basic brush lettering strokes
- – Constructing the alphabet
- – Using different lettering tools
- – How to letter your name
- – How to letter a short quote/phrase
You will need:
- – A pencil, erase and sharpener
- – Paper to practice on (an exercise book or 10+ sheets of printer paper will suffice)
- – Textas (I recommend Crayola SuperTips because they’re usually available at grocery stores)
- – A small, thin paintbrush
- – Clean water in a container/mug to clean your brush with
- – Something to use as a palette (a clean plastic takeaway container lid or sandwich bag will work)
- – Brush markers or watercolour paints
- – Optional: Watercolour paper
If you don’t have materials at home…
You can purchase a ticket that includes a beginners lettering kit which you can pick up any time from Colebee NSW 2761 before 9am Thursday 30 September to ensure there is time for the kit to arrive. The kit contains:
- – 1 x travel case
- – 2 x graphite pencils
- – 1 x sharpener
- – 1 x eraser
- – 10 x watercolour paints
- – 10 x Faber-Castell brush calligraphy makers
- – 2 x paint brushes
- – 1 x aqua brush
- – 1 x Tombow Dual Tip Brush Pen
- – 1 x Twin Tip Fudenosuke Pen
- – Mixed media paper
- – Marker paper
- – Printed reference and practice sheets
- – Digital access to practice sheets that you can print any time
- – Free postage
This is a virtual (online) session that will be hosted via Zoom. Participants will receive a link via email containing the Zoom meeting details after tickets are purchased. Please enter the name of the Participant and an Email to send the Zoom details to when ordering your tickets.
What if my child is not 10 years old?
Younger participants are welcome to join the session, but parents should know that the content is designed with kids aged 10+ in mind. Make sure they’re comfortable using the platform and have access to the right materials, and they’ll have a great time! Alternatively, get in touch if you would like to organise a creative workshop for friends/family or children of a specific age group – I love giving people the opportunity to get creative!